Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Hot cereals: oatmeal, cream of wheat, creamy rice cereal, or
Irish oatmeal, with cinnamon, raisins and/or applesauce (replace cow’s
milk with soy or rice milk). Or for a delicious treat, try grits with
cooked greens or tomatoes.
- Cold cereals such as raisin bran or Cheerios with non-fat soy or rice milk and/or berries, peach or banana.
- Melon, cantaloupe, bananas, peaches, berries, or any other fruit.
- Whole grain toast, topped with cinnamon, jam or fruit “butters” (avoid fatty dairy butter or margarines).
- Bagels (skip the cream cheese; try hummus, nut butters, or jam instead).
- Oven-roasted “home fries” solo or smothered with “sautéed” mushrooms, peppers and onions.
If you like extra protein:
- Fat-free meat substitutes (e.g., Gimme Lean fat-free “sausage”)
- English baked beans or chickpeas
- Burrito filled with “refried” beans, lettuce, and tomato (hold the egg and cheese)
- Tofu scrambler or marinated tempeh
I’m ready to plan my own meals. Start by creating a free account (or login if you're already registered) to automatically access your
personal meal planner and shopping list every time you log in.