Healthy Lunch Ideas
Whether you dine in or out at lunch time, there are lots of healthful and delicious options from which to choose. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Garden salad with lemon juice, fat-free dressing, soysauce, or teriyaki
- Bean salads: Three-bean, black-eyed pea, chickpea, lentil, or black bean and corn salads
- Noodle, couscous, bulgur, or rice salads
- Commercial brands are fine, but look for the fat-free or no-added fat versions
- CLT: cucumber, lettuce and tomato sandwich with Dijon mustard.
- Hummus tucked into whole wheat pita with grated carrots, sprouts and cucumbers.
- Sandwich made with veggie meat alternatives such as Lightlife Smart Deli. turkey style, Yves veggie pepperoni slices, or barbeque seitan, along with your favorite sandwich veggies.
- Black bean dip, peppers, tomatoes, and lettuce wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.
- Italian eggplant sub: baked eggplant slices, pizza sauce, and “sautéed” mushrooms on a sub roll.
- Black-bean-and-sweet-potato burrito with corn and tomatoes.
- Vegetable sides such as: okra and tomatoes, lima beans, and corn bread.
- Fresh fruit, applesauce cups, or fruit cup packed in juice.
- Cut-up vegetables.
- Rice cakes, fat-free crackers, chips.
- And don’t forget last night’s leftovers.
Lunch Recipes: sandwiches, burger, and wraps > soups, stews, and chilis >
I’m ready to plan my own meals. Start by creating a free account (or login if you're already registered) to automatically access your
personal meal planner and shopping list every time you log in.